GH Motorcycles Ltd
GH Motorcycles Ltd is committed to providing quality services to you. This policy outlines our ongoing obligations in respect of how we manage your personal Information.
What is personal information?
Personal Information is information that identifies an individual. Examples of personal information we collect, include, and are not limited to:
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your e-mail address)
- Information relating to purchases you make from our goods and services, including any transactions made via our website
- Information you provide to us when opting in to a distribution list to receive correspondence from us.
Why do we collect personal information and how do we use it?
We collect personal details from you to
- Manage your account and process your orders
- Contact you regarding services we are able to offer
- Contact you to make you aware of any offers or events we feel may be of interest to you.
We do not use your personal information for any reasons other than those listed in this policy. We collect your personal Information for the purpose of providing an outstanding service to you.
We do not store any payment card details and destroy any duplicate receipts securely and safely.
Please do not ask staff to store your payment details.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Whilst we do not share personal information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes; we will pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so, for example –
- Registering a vehicle with the DVLA
Legal obligations are outside of our control.
Security of personal information
Your personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. It is stored on a secure, password protected, server. All workstations are password protected, with screen savers, for additional protection.
Certain types of personal Information are stored in customer files. For example –
- Copies of finance agreements
These are kept by us for a minimum of 6 years in a locked office with keypad entry. Only authorised sales personnel have the entry code and access to these files.
When your documented personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy your personal information through the use of an appointed document destruction service.
- Google Analytics: Tracks who visits the website
- Woocommerce & WordPress: Keeps tracking of items in your basket, account details and order details
- Wordfence: Stops spam and hack attacks
Links to other websites
www.ghmotorcycles.com contains links to other websites.
How to access the information we hold about you and your rights
It is important to us that your personal information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your personal information is accurate and complete. However, if you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate please let us know as soon as possible so we can update our records and ensure we continue to provide quality services and products to you.
As a customer of GH Motorcycles Ltd we welcome you to –
- Request a copy of the personal Information we hold about you;
- Have any inaccuracies corrected;
- Have your personal data erased;
- Have a restriction placed upon our processing of your data;
- Object to any processing activities you may be subject to by us;
- Request your data be provided to another processor if you wish.
Should you wish to request a copy of your personal information this can be done by completing a Subject Access Request. On submitting an SAR you will need to prove your identity by producing 2 forms of identification, one of which must be photographic. Further information about Subject Access Requests can be found in our SAR policy which is available from our Data Protection Officer
Queries or concerns?
If you have any queries or concerns relating to the collection or processing of your personal information please contact our Data Protection Officer, Mr Gavin Hockey. He can be contacted either by telephone or e-mail –
Should you wish to learn more about personal data, its collection and uses the ICO website will assist you: